At only 4, Joe is already getting involved in the kitchen! Here he is with a simple Pasta Bake.
- the right amount of pasta noodles for your family
- a cup or so of sliced mushrooms
- a cup or so of grated cheese
- 1/2 cup or so of arugula, pulled off the stems
- a cup (or a can) of diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
While the pasta is boiling and while the oven is preheating to 400 degrees, Joe and/or parent(s) chop the onions and mushrooms, and prep the other ingedients in their quantities. When pasta is done, it is drained and put back into the pot. Then, Joe adds everything else, stirring fast, slow, deep, shallow, whatever, until his heart is content. The mix is then poured into just the right size baking dish, and baked for 20 minutes. And… that’ll do it.
(Thanks to the Golding/Chiarmonte clan for the post.)