All you need is:
- 2 cans black beans
- 2 eggs
- bread crumbs (approx 1 cup)
- optional ingredients/seasonings listed below
All you need to do is…
- mash 2 cans rinsed black beans
- stir in 2 eggs
- optional additions/seasonings to add before breadcrumbs (all or none are fine and in the amount that you and your kiddos like…): salt (keep in mind that some canned beans have quite a bit of salt already), garlic powder or finely minced fresh garlic, finely chopped onion, parmesian cheese, dash cayenne, 1-2 tsp prepared mustard, 1 tsp thyme…….be creative.
- add enough bread crumbs to form a dough (start with 1/2 cup)
- form into patties and dredge in a mixture in breadcrumbs and black pepper
- bake at 350 for 20 minutes, turning midway or fry in little vegetable oil until cripy on the outside.
Serve on whole wheat buns with regular burger condiments.
Here are the patties before frying…
…and then afterward…